Aled is an advanced technique used to unfreeze tees across 1 tile freeze.
There are a few common setups to initiate and perform an aled. They all revolve around getting more than half of your partner's tee on the other side of the freeze and hammering them.
Grounded Horizontal Aled
Stand between the freeze and your partner. Jump and hook them slightly upwards to lift them off the ground, then follow with a double jump as you drag them under you and across the freeze. Release the hook before they get in position so the momentum from swinging under you carries them far enough. Make sure you're close enough to hammer them before doing so.
Mid-air Horizontal Aled
Most commonly used in maps like Stronghold, when you've been hammerhitting beforehand, or after a hammerfly. Much like the grounded version, you need to lift your partner up a little bit before double jumping and dragging them under you, where you'll release the hook so they get in the aforementioned position to be hammered.
Upwards Vertical Aled
Easiest variant of the different aled methods. Simply toss your partner upwards, double jump into them and time your hammer so it hits before they cross the freeze on the way down.
Transitioning from Aled
When getting hit through a 1 tile freeze, you need to be ready to react by doing anything that will lead into your friend crossing the freeze with you. Most commonly, people will do one of these two actions:
- Let their partner fall in the freeze and proceed to hammerhit.
- Hold hook while aiming at their partner to hammer them while still in the air. This often leads into a hammerfly.
How to Practice
Aled is often very punishing to fail, yet it also requires a lot of practice to succeed consistently. You can practice easily by doing the following steps:
- Find an empty server with good ping, press Escape and go into the Call Vote tab, and vote for Brutal Maps, and then vote for the map Grandma.
- Connect your dummy, and join a team using
/team [number between 1-63](example:
/team 5), and locking it using
- Enable practice mode by typing
/practicewith both your main tee and your dummy. This will enable the use of
/rwhich teleports you to the latest safe ground your tee touched**.
- Go to the right side of the map to unsolo, and practice performing an aled on the pillar of freeze. If you fall in the freeze, type
/rto be saved.
**Tip: Use the F1 console to bind
/r to a key by typing:
bind [key] say /r. Example:
bind g say /r.