I really would like to enable wiki translations, but doing so right now would make the VisualEditor unusable due to it not being compatible with the Translate extension, you can view more about the issue here:
We can choose right now, either disable VisualEditor and have translations or have VisualEditor and no translations.
- what about adding a different method of translation like in the openstreetmap wiki (e.g. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID/Shortcuts)? Tbh I really like the VisualEditor. Zwelf (talk) 16:49, 1 May 2021 (CEST)
Gif-like explain videos
Would it be possible to autoplay and loop the explain videos like they are gifs? In the old wiki we included them like this: `<video style="max-width:100%" controls muted autoplay loop src="/videos/jump-height.mp4" type="video/mp4"></video>` Zwelf (talk) 16:53, 1 May 2021 (CEST)
About embedding youtube videos
I would prefer not to load the youtube video on the main page. There is a extension to embed videos privacy friendly. Could we switch to this extension?
- Found on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo
- E-Mail notifications about changes on Watchlist
- Plugin: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Thanks
- Plugin: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Page_Previews
Sorry I didn't answer before, I was a bit bussy, I will try to change the video embedding and add the recommended extensions soon, about email, i guess i can ask deen if he has a smtp server setup or maybe i can make it use mine. test
I updated mediawiki to 1.35.2, now im using buster-backports so its easier to manage, I also get the extensions using git checked out at the correct tag, which will make updating easier.
I changed the EmbedVideo extension to the one you mentioned, i also added Echo, Thanks and StructuredDiscussions.
I also made email work, you should get notifications about watched pages to your email if you have it on preferences.