Hammer hit is a technique most commonly used to unfreeze tees that are below you.
To perform the technique:
- Fall or jump so you are above the frozen tee
- Cancel your downward momentum by jumping, then pull the tee up with your hook
- Move slightly left or right (tapping either A or D) so the tee does not bump you on its way up
- Hammer the tee when it is directly to the left or the right of you
- This should unfreeze the tee, and they will be able to save you if you fall into the freeze afterwards
Hammer hit is not always used just to save fallen tees, and is a viable way of moving across a long row of freeze tiles. However, if the area around the freeze has no low ceiling, Hammerfly is a better, faster option.