(Redirected from Main Page)
If you have questions, please visit:
If you have further suggestions or anything else you want to write about, visit the official discussion thread for the wiki.
As the name suggests, DDRaceNetwork is a race mod. The goal of the game is to reach the finish line. But contrary to other race mods, it is impossible to reach the finish line alone - DDNet requires teamwork!
Success does not solely depend on the skill of an individual player, but also relies on cooperation within a team of players.
The time it takes for a player to cross the finish line will be recorded under the player's nickname. A rank will be assigned to the time of the player's finish in relation to all other previous times on that map. While it is the goal of some players to finish a map in the fastest possible time (also known as "speedrunning"), others may prefer to socialize via chat and finish as a team.
DDRace differs from other combat-based mods (such as Vanilla or Instagib) because the difficulty of the race does not depend on the skill of opponents. Rather, it depends on the difficulty or "failiness" of individual parts or obstacles in a map. The term "failiness" refers to the tendency of a part to cause players to be stuck in such a way that further progress on the map is impossible.
In order to allow the mappers to create a variety of challenges, there are many game tiles (a.k.a. entities).
The most commonly used game tile is freeze. In DDRace, tees can be frozen, which causes them to be unable to move, shoot or hook - making them depend on the help of other tees.
There are also special mapper features, which allow the players in-game to get things such as a jetpack gun, infinite jumps, endless hook and more.
The normal weapons from the Vanilla gametype are modified - they can no longer deal damage to a tee in any situation. Also, there is infinite ammunition.
Each weapon has a different effect:
- Hammer: With the exception of inducing damage, the hammer in DDRace has the same physical effect as in Vanilla. You can also instantly unfreeze tees by hammering them. This also works when hammering through one tile wide walls (Wallhammer).
- Pistol: The pistol doesn't have any direct effect in the game, but it is often used to communicate with teammates. However, there is a game tile called Jetpack that enables the player to fly.
- Shotgun: The shotgun does not shoot bullets - instead, it has a pulling laser. When a shotgun-ray hits a player, he/she will be pulled in the direction from which the ray came (either the directly towards the shooter or at the location where it bounced off the wall).
- Grenade launcher (a.k.a. Rocket): The grenade launcher has the same physical effect as in Vanilla, though it deals no damage.
- Rifle, (a.k.a. Laser): The laser gun has an unfreezing ray. Whenever this ray hits a frozen player, he/she will be unfrozen instantly. Unlike in other mods, the laser and shotgun can bounce off the walls multiple times.
- Ninja: When this weapon is picked up, the player becomes a ninja, capable of slashing quickly through the air. A ninja can propel itself through non-collide tiles or other tees. Additionally, a ninja slash can instantly change the direction of the player, without causing him/her to lose velocity. For example, the speed gained from falling can be used after a ninja slash to gain more vertical or horizontal speed. Players should also be aware that the ninja transformation lasts only 15 seconds.
Creating DDrace maps requires the use of DDNet game tiles (it is also possible to save settings in the DDNet map file itself). In order for a map to be hosted on the official DDNet servers, the map must follow the mapper rules.
Pressing f1 on the keyboard will open a console where you can type in the following commands:
bind k kill
Pressing k will kill you.
bind x toggle cl_showhud 0 1
Enable/Disable HUD (health bar, ammo, time and so on)
bind x toggle gfx_high_detail 0 1
Enable/Disable ‘High Detail’ (same as HD on/off in settings)
bind x toggle cl_show_quads 0 1
Don’t show/Show quads
bind x toggle cl_overlay_entities 0 100
Enable/Disable Entities (100%)
bind x +showhookcoll
Shows the hook collision line for better aiming (ddnet client exclusive)
bind x +toggle inp_mousesens 1 100
Lower mouse sense for improved hooking when you hold the key. NOTE: You should set 100 to your current inp_mousesens
bind c toggle cl_antiping 0 1
bind x zoom- OR bind x zoom+ OR bind x zoom
Zoom options. Zoom out, in or set to default value.
bind x "+show_chat; chat all"
bind x "+show_chat; chat team"
Show more of chat when you start chatting
bind x "+show_chat; chat all /c "
Whisper to the last person you whispered to
bind x "player_color_body XXXXXXXX; player_color_feet XXXXXXXX"
Bind feet and body color in one key
bind mouse2 "+hook; emote X"
Change the emote while hooking, you can add ;emote X behind all instructions (eg +jump).
bind slash "+show_chat; chat all /"
Adds a Slash to chat when the / key is pressed.
- Kill protection to prevent accidentally killing yourself in long maps
- Save a game in team using /save password
- How to use the new timeout protection:
- If you have DDNet client, after a timeout, you will automatically be reconnected to your tee when you rejoin. If it doesn't work, wait a bit more (100 seconds) and rejoin server.
- If you don't have DDNet client you can still use timeout protection, by typing /timeout MYSECRETCODE every time you join a DDNet server. Then after you had a timeout you can type /timeout MYSECRETCODE again to get your tee back.
- Type /map to vote a map. For example /map adr3 for Adrenaline 3:
- The first character has to be the first in the map name, all others following somewhere in that order. In our case the map has to start with 'a' and contain 'd', 'r', and '3' in that order. To leave out the first character use % like this: /map %castle to vote for Out of Castle
- Solo prediction
- AFK players close their eyes
- 64 player server (requires DDNet client to view all at once)
- /dnd to disable global chat and server messages
- /mapinfo to find out how many points finishing a map will give you
- /lock to lock your team
- Keep conversing with whispers by using /converse (short: /c) or binding it
- /rankteam and /top5team: When you play in a team your team will get a team rank.
- /points and /top5points: Map points
- /whisper (short: /w) with other players
- You can zoom out and still see all players with /showall
- Ninja doesn't work through team and solo anymore
- Clients can't kick people or kill the server by spamming
- AFK players are excluded from votes
- Use less CPU when nobody is connected
Don't block. Often the race progress is being delayed by blocking players. And only a part of them does it on purpose. Note: When you don't know what to do in a challenge, try to stay away from the action. Find a place from where you can have a look at the other tees without blocking them.
Most communication in DDNet is not via chat. Watch the behavior of other tees. Teeworlds allows to show very different expressions. Observe other tees and try to understand what they want from you or others.
Don't leave anyone. Often a group of racing tees fails because everyone tried to do the challenge alone. One by one fails. You should always help first when there is a tee that needs help. Leaving stuck tees behind could be a fatal fault, because that tee could be the one who rescues you next time.